Tuesday, 21 August 2007

A post, by way of introduction.

Greetings, all you who stumble upon this place. I style myself Godescalc, in honour of the 9th century predestinarian heretic monk of the same name (usually called Gottschalk, or Gotheschalcus, but I prefer this version of the name; his sorry tale may be found at wikipedia).

At the time of writing, I have a livejournal, which I use for thoughtless chatter, occasional memeage and largely meaningless updates on the levels of happiness, angst and drama in my life. This blog, on the other hand, I intend to slowly (and I mean slowly - don't check back too often) fill with art, writing, musings on art and writing, discussions of theology, and other such highbrow matters. Should I ever get my intended webcomic(s) up and running, I'll comment on them here, as well.

(A sketch, as a foretaste:



)

Who I am: Christian, scientist, bearer of a Y chromosome, amateur guitarist, amateur comics artist; I like Leonard Cohen, U2, G. K. Chesterton, Stephen Lawhead and the Sin City graphic novels. Also, manga.

My online reading tastes currently tend towards webcomics, wikipedia browsing (something you can lose yourself for hours doing; the dangers of starvation, sleep deprivation and inability to find a mate posed by wikisurfing will probably have bred intellectual curiosity out of our species by 2120), the musings of catholic literary types, and more politics than is probably good for me. This will probably be reflected when I get the links bar up and running.

6 comments:

Seraphic Single said...

Welcome to Blogger! Thanks for linking to me. I look forward to admiring your art and reading your musings. (Why English?)

godescalc said...

Thanks! I'm a bit surprised anyone's noticed me this quickly, actually.

Why english? I'm a UK expat living in Germany. I can talk german passably, though I'm not quite fluent yet.

Anonymous said...

cool daddio, if you really want to get drawn into Wikipedia type "JFK Assassination" in...

Anonymous said...

Mr. Scriptorium,

kudos on the enjoyable and constructive content. I will enjoy stopping by here regularly. I recently set up a blog called Nietzsche Wore Panties, which has a similar direction.

Another blog, which kicks butt for the faith, is theconstructivecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/. Best regards

Jonathan said...

How about writing some thing new for the summer of 2008? Weird I know to be leaving a comment back here so late.

Trust u r well.

Drop by the next time your camel seeks shade in Kuwait.

godescalc said...

Jonathan - thanks for the encouragement to write - I keep meaning to type up some of my thoughts on Richard Dawkins' God Delusion, I'll try to make a start on that over the weekend. Or at least post some art or something.