It has long been a matter of concern to me that a great many of Chesterton's ballades are nowhere to be found on the internet, so that when I wish to link them or read them to someone, I am out of luck unless I have the entirety committed to memory (which I did, in the case of one or two, once; although no longer). Therefore, I have borrowed my parents' collection of Chesterton's verse, and begun sketching illustrations for certain of them, intending to put them up here and make them fodder for blogging.
But alas (or, maybe, not), it seems his ballades are already available online, because Google books has the text of the relevant volume of Chesterton's complete works, including some ballades I'd never come across before. However, this only makes my intended work unnecessary, rather than pointless, so God willing, there will be some ballade-blogging here next week.
--
In unrelated news, some fear that the US may be running out of sugar. I'm sure there are reasons why this is a bad thing and I shouldn't hope to see the US, and my own country too, afflicted by such a terrible event; but I can't think of any right now. (Maybe it would put dentists out of business...?)
Also in the news... I can't really think what to say to this, except: somehow, so very, very German. Not typical German behaviour, but it wouldn't happen quite that way anywhere else.
In recent days I have also seen movies, but those can wait a bit.
Thursday, 13 August 2009
Ballades and suchlike
Labels:
ballades,
Chesterton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment