Mike Flynn talks often of "die Untergang des Abendlandes"; Mark Shea speaks of "The Thing That Used To Be England"; Elberry, being a native of the place, just grumbles about chavs and fantasises about the time when all government functionaries will be hung from lampposts and we can read books, in peace, under the quiet blue summer sky. This is an additional datapoint for the files, albeit a minor one compared to the sort of folly that excites murderous rage in sensitive souls; this sort of learned helplessness and constriction of initiative does not bode well for society.
In other news, Mexico arrests man with 18 monkeys around his waist. Cute monkeys, too.
--
I recently saw, at the urging of one Mr. Milne, Toy Story 3 (having seen #2 on DVD). It was excellent, and I think the Daily Kraken blog will shortly have some manner of film review on the issue (hint, hint). Inception I wish to see soon, getting as it does amazing reviews.
I saw something not too bad last week, but can't remember what it was now. It'll occur to me, I'm sure. [EDIT: Oh, yes, Despicable Me. It was rather fun.]
Wednesday, 21 July 2010
Miscellanies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment